The final of the four essential elements for making any network fully functional is focused prayer.
Investing time in praying together provides the spiritual and relational support people need to do the difficult work of the ministry together. Prayer with and for one another strengthens the bonds between people and increases reliance on the Holy Spirit.
Here are some ways to encourage prayer in your network gatherings:
- Ensure that every network meeting includes a significant period of prayer.
- Encourage participants to develop their prayer life and practice spiritual disciplines.
- Expect participants to raise up a personal intercession team.
- Empower participants to develop a prayer strategy for their ministry.
- Increase the prayer capacity by birthing prayer ministries and raising up intercessors within the congregations.
God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son. – Romans 1:9