As you consider leading change, here are the seven most important questions you need to be asking. Take some time to sit down with a pen and paper and reflect on these questions as they pertain to a particular change you are looking at making.
- How will you free up time and energy to focus on the change process?
- Who are the key people who can work with you to facilitate the change process?
- Who are the key influencers who need to embrace the vision and/or be included in the discussion and planning process?
- What permissions need to be secured? From whom?
- Who are the people/groups most affected by the proposed changes? What impact will each face?
- What can you do to help people embrace the change?
- How will you strengthen relationships during the change process?
Are you considering leading a new initiative across an existing system? No matter how beneficial the change may be, it presents some unique challenges when you want to create something new. See my blog post on this topic here.