Developed especially for The Vineyard, this set of Pastoral Skills leader guides covers the five essential pastoral skills. Each guide includes a written introduction, teaching points, scripture passages and reflection, and discussion questions for the following topics:
- Shepherding: providing comfort, care and encouragement to the hurting
- Mentoring: pouring into another in a life-on-life context that includes sponsoring, guiding, and investing relationally
- Public speaking: learning to present your ideas clearly and articulately before others
- Facilitating small groups: leading others well in the context of small group discussion
- Fostering Kingdom cooperation: working together with other ministries, churches and leaders toward common ends
Each topic has participant guides to hand out to those you are training and leader guides for yourself that give you a bit more content. There’s even a section that lays out various options for covering the material with those you’re training.
NOTE: You have permission to print and use purchased Vineyard Leader and Participant Guides within your local church. Please do not distribute printed or digital copies to others outside of your church. Download link will be available immediately after payment and will expire 30 days from purchase.
All topics in the series:
- Personal Development – 5 skills
- Developing Leaders – 6 skills
- Leading Teams – 7 skills
- Organizational Development – 8 skills
- Communication Skills – 6 skills
- Pastoral Skills – 5 skills
Purchase the complete set of leader and participant guides here.