Developed especially for The Vineyard, this set of Organizational Development leader guides covers the eight essential leadership skills of organizational development. Each guide includes a written introduction, teaching points, scripture passages and reflection, and discussion questions for the following topics:
- Clarifying values, mission and vision: knowing what you’re aiming for as you move in new directions
- Vision-casting: painting a picture of a preferred future in a way that helps others see what it could look like
- Gaining ownership: helping people get on board with the direction you’re leading
- Prioritizing: generating multiple options and then prayerfully deciding which to pursue
- Goal-setting: establishing goals that are helpful, realistic and challenging
- Planning: creating strategic plans that will achieve the desired ends
- Modifying: evaluating progress and making adjustments for greater effectiveness
- Celebrating: publicly recognizing progress and contributions, and acknowledging how God has been
Each topic has participant guides to hand out to those you are training and leader guides for yourself that give you a bit more content. There’s even a section that lays out various options for covering the material with those you’re training.
NOTE: You have permission to print and use purchased Vineyard Leader and Participant Guides within your local church. Please do not distribute printed or digital copies to others outside of your church. Download link will be available immediately after payment and will expire 30 days from purchase.
All topics in the series:
- Personal Development – 5 skills
- Developing Leaders – 6 skills
- Leading Teams – 7 skills
- Organizational Development – 8 skills
- Communication Skills – 6 skills
- Pastoral Skills – 5 skills
Purchase the complete set of leader and participant guides here.