When people have a clear goal in mind of where they’re trying to go, they often don’t realize how many factors are involved in whether that change will become a reality or not. If the change is something big, then it’s likely not something you’re doing by yourself. That issue alone raises countless complications.
When you’re looking at implementing change, here are the seven most important questions to ask:
- How will you free up time and energy to focus on the change process?
- Who are the key people who can work with you to facilitate the change process?
- Who are the key influencers who need to embrace the vision and/or be included in the discussion and planning process?
- What permissions need to be secured? From whom?
- Who are the people/groups most affected by the proposed changes? What impact will each face?
- What can you do to help people embrace the change?
- How will you strengthen relationships during the change process?
*Source: The Coaching 101 Handbook