Tom De Vries recently shared with me a learning he picked up at a Leadership Network conference… the five realities that leaders simultaneously function within: What Was, What Is, What Could Be, What Should Be, What Will Be
- What Was: This is your history, what happened, your roots.
- What Is: Your current reality, whether you like it or not.
- What Could Be: Multiple possibilities for the future.
- What Should Be: Value judgments based on your beliefs, biblical mandates such as justice or caring for the poor.
- What Will Be: This is what you’re determining to actually do by God’s grace– the reality you’re moving forward according to God’s direction.
What are each of these realities for you?