Periodically I find it necessary to take a step back and reflect on my life, my goals, and the direction I’m heading. Over the summer can be a great time to do that. Get away to the woods, the mountains, the ocean, the lakes… wherever is peaceful enough for you to rest and spend some uninterrupted time listening to God.
It can be challenging to be truly reflective during the course of your busy day-to-day life, so I find it important to get away so I can get a better perspective.
Here are some great questions to ask yourself, journal about, and really reflect on:
- What’s going well in your life? (relationship with God, family, other relationships, ministry, work, school, etc.)
- What’s not going as well as you’d like in your life? (relationship with God, family, other relationships, ministry, work, school, etc.)
- How are you currently spending your time? What may need to change?
- How are you currently spending your money? What may need to change?
- What do you need more clarity on?
- What do you sense God may want you to address?
Taking some set-aside time periodically can help you get a fresh perspective on your life and make some needed adjustment that you can easily miss in the course of your daily routine.
Did you find this post helpful?
Coaching gives you the follow through you need to accomplish the goals you’ve set for yourself and your ministry. Contact us for a free conversation to discuss your coaching needs.