This set of guides covers the six essential leadership skills of communication. Each guide includes a written introduction, teaching points, scripture passages and reflection, and discussion questions for the following topics:
- Listening: actively helping others unpack their best thinking
- Asking questions: probing in ways that promote mutual discovery and insight
- Providing feedback: knowing when and how to speak into someone else’s life in a way that is helpful
- Having hard conversations: being willing to be honest and vulnerable with your feelings and ideas
- Resolving conflict: working to mend rifts and coming to agreement with others who see differently
- Relating cross-culturally: seeing through another person’s eyes a perspective that is not culturally your own
Each topic has participant guides to hand out to those you are training and leader guides for yourself that give you a bit more content. There’s even a section that lays out various options for covering the material with those you’re training.
NOTE: You have permission to print and use purchased Leader and Participant Guides within your local church. Please do not distribute printed or digital copies to others outside of your church. Download link will be available immediately after payment and will expire 30 days from purchase.
All topics in the series:
- Personal Development – 5 skills
- Developing Leaders – 6 skills
- Leading Teams – 7 skills
- Organizational Development – 8 skills
- Communication Skills – 6 skills
- Pastoral Skills – 5 skills
Purchase the complete set of leader and participant guides here.
Have you ever felt like you weren’t fully equipped for your leadership role? Like you needed a bit more practical guidance in the “what-to-dos” of ministry? Effective ministry leadership begins with learning the Bible and theology, but we can also learn practical skills from others who have gone before us. If you are running up against barriers that aren’t specifically theological but are more about how to lead people and get along with them as you work together, The Leadership Difference is for you. Learn more here.