Do you want your ministry to be rooted in missional discipleship? Are you wanting to invest in transformational leadership? Is your goal to lay the groundwork for years of fruitful ministry? I want to share an exciting new opportunity with you for growing and deepening your ministry: A new leadership cohort for Fuller DMin students is forming now!
This is big and exciting news because…
- A great need has been exposed through coaching and consulting
- It’s absolutely essential to equip today’s leaders for healthy church growth and multiplication
- The course is grounded in proven principles for church growth that endure across generations and cultures
- I’m particularly excited about the deep, intrinsic connection between disciplemaking and leadership
What is this Leadership DMin program all about?
This Doctor of Ministry cohort at Fuller Seminary is focused on a vision for healthy growth. While it has been designed for pastors who are leading existing churches and for planters who are starting new churches, the general principles apply to anyone doing ministry at any level.
The program focuses on missional discipleship, transformational leadership, and fruitful ministry.
Together, these components create a simple ministry flow that results in healthy ministry growth, flourishing churches, and communities reached with the gospel. We’ve put together a cohort that helps you live into each of these areas in turn.
Especially during these challenging times, it’s important that we zero in on the essentials. And what are those essentials?
Making disciples, loving God and loving others, mobilizing believers in their gifts, gathering in groups for worship, serving the community, and helping others grow as disciples. In essence, it’s living out the reality of Hebrews 10:23-25: Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Anyone called to ministry should take a deeper look at each of the three areas listed above and consider what you may need to put into place for each area to flourish.
When does the Leadership DMin Program start?
The cohort begins in Spring 2022. Why announce it now? Although we begin meeting in Spring 2022, to be able to get there you will likely need to lay some groundwork:
- Established pastors will need to create some space in their ministry, and create buy-in from their families and their boards.
- Funding may need to be secured in the upcoming year’s budget.
- This is your chance to recruit someone to walk through this process alongside you… a ministry partner, friend, or colleague who may also want to be a part of the cohort.
NOTE: The DEADLINE for applications to the program is OCT 1, 2021 (less than a year away)!
If you’re considering getting a DMin, take a deeper look at the course description. If you’d like to learn more or discuss how this program can help you meet your ministry goals, let’s talk! You can reach out to set an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.