There is no one formula to manage time more effectively. This means two things:
- We need to accept that our time can be better organized by changing how we are managing today.
- There is an approach that will work for us at a personal level.
These coaching sessions will not, by themselves, improve your time management skills. What they will do, however, is to offer you some good practices that have been researched and used by many people, and which may apply to you. Your task is to select your own approach after assimilating the information offered. As a result, although we will prescribe a number of time management steps that should help every individual, we will not prescribe specific activities for you to discontinue or reprioritize – this is very much up to you.
The Time Management Coaching Guide presents four sequential stages consisting of:
- Schedule or prepare as much as possible by planning which tasks are due and how long they will take.
- Action or follow through on your schedule strongly.
- Adjust or build in flexibility to deal with unexpected events or situations.
- Review or monitor your time constantly so that replanning and prioritization can occur.
Other helpful resources in this area include the Time Management Profile and the Time Management Skill Builders Booklet.
There are no reviews yet.