Foundational to the future of the church is the intentional development of
obedient disciples whose lives are established on the principles of loving God,
loving others and making disciples. Although discipleship is far from a linear
process, without a clear pathway many people flounder in their faith and never
experience the exciting journey of becoming a disciple and making disciples.
The journey set out in the Obedient Discipleship Storyboard and re-enforced
by this Coaching Guide will help individuals walk through a mosaic process of
becoming a disciple and making disciples.
The Obedient Discipleship Coaching Guide is designed to be used in the following
1. Connect with a new disciple (or pre-disciple) and discern where they are in their
walk by using the storyboard. Remember there is no specific starting point and no
good or bad place to be on the journey.
2. Start with the ten key elements of obedient discipleship to discern your starting
point. Once you have chosen the appropriate element, select the corresponding
section in the coaching guide. Note that there are 3 to 5 observable behaviors
in each section of the coaching guide, each one corresponding to the observable
behaviors on the storyboard.
3. Work through the relevant section of the coaching guide with the disciple by:
- Reading the scripture passages and reflecting on them.
- Asking the appropriate coaching questions.
- Discussing the resulting action items.
4. At the end of the section, you will find some ideas for further growth, as well as
materials and scripture for further study.
5. After your disciple has thoroughly explored this area of their spiritual life, return to
the storyboard to see what area God is bringing to the surface next.
There are no reviews yet.