Are you giving it your 60%?
When I’m coaching people and they’re not feeling fulfillment in what they’re doing, I usually find that less than 60% of what they’re doing is in their areas of strength and passion. For basic fulfillment in your life and ministry, you need to be spending at least 60% of your time in your areas of strength.
Now over time, it’s great to try to increase that percentage– to move from 60% to 80% or 90%. No one ever gets to 100%, at least in my experience. I think there’s always some piece of a job that you don’t really like. But if you are fortunate enough to be living at least 60% in your sweet spot, you’ll have the energy and positive momentum to deal with the other 40% of the stuff that simply needs to be done.