Seven advantages of pilot projects
When you have a great idea, start small and see if it works. Here’s why:
- Trying something on a smaller scale educates you about what works and what doesn’t without the same level of risk that a bigger project would.
- It’s much easier to get permission for smaller pilot projects.
- Pilot projects can generate success stories that can be used for visioncasting and gaining momentum.
- Starting small gives you a chance to model the behavior you want to see repeated by others.
- Pilot projects allow ideas to fail gracefully rather than blowing up.
- Pilot projects usually don’t cost much financially.
- Smaller endeavors are able to change course much more quickly if something isn’t working.
What’s your latest, greatest idea? How could you develop a pilot project for it?